Friday, September 19, 2014

What is A Hay-Day Really Like?

    It's haying time -- when the air smells like fallen leaves and fresh-cut-grass. My brothers and father went to help an Amish neighbor hay his field today. They had quite a crew helping today. Our friends who helped us split wood a few days ago were also there.
    I didn't go with them, but I did wash a bunch of laundry afterwards and it sure did look like they had worked hard. They had hay in every sock and pocket as well as in their hair and ears. The next time they go to hay I want to go with them.

    The corn is as tall as it's going to get, the tips of the trees are starting to brown and the mornings are much chillier. Winter will be upon us in no time at all. But first, I want to enjoy Autumn while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment