Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbyes in the Snow


     Today was my last day at home for a while. I packed all day except the evening. The family let me decide what I wanted to do for my last night at home and I said that I wanted all my brothers and sister to play in the snow together. So Mom and Dad stayed inside and fixed a special dinner while the five of us went outside and had a good time.


    The hill where our raspberries are planted is a great sledding hill. The climb up is tiring, but the ride down is great. You have to be good at steering in order to miss the shed and all the trees on the way down, but the challenge makes it that much more fun :)


    It was SUPER cold and windy so the snow was light, dry, and saw-dusty: great for sledding! When my older sister and I went down together (not older than me, just older than my youngest sister) the wind kept blowing the snow into my face (which made it hard to steer :) because the snow was so fine and peppery.


    Yes, my older brother did join us. This is the only picture I got of him. He struggles with asthma sometimes (poor man) so he couldn't stay outside with us the whole time, but he was good enough to join us for a little while. I love you brother!

If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct.  ~Letty Cottin Pogrebin


   We also have a fun kiddy hill between the upper and lower porches. We hope to terrace it someday, but until then it's a short steep sledding hill. My youngest brother tried it out with his sled.


 Oops! He didn't even make it to the bottom :)
His sled sunk and he slid right off the front ... what a cutie!


Oh, I'm going to miss my little man. He's so cute and so helpful. 
What am I going to blog about when hes not around?   


   I'm going to miss my family a whole lot. We've been through thick and thin together and It's hard to be so far apart. I am excited to start classes (I have a few I'm excited about) and reconnect with people I left in Idaho ... but, as far as I'm concerned: Home Is Best!

I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.  ~George Washington


 Having a place to go - is a home.  Having someone to love - is a family.  Having both - is a blessing.  ~Donna Hedges

   I love you all! My family means the world to me. Thanks for sharing my last day. I'm praying for and thinking about you all the time. Work hard and keep the faith! I'll be back before we know it!