Saturday, July 27, 2013

Family Pictures In Queen Ann's Lace


    My aunt and her kids are here from Idaho! She is one of my FAVORITE aunts ever because she's so good at bridging the gap between adolescence and adulthood. I'm stuck right in that funny gap at the moment, so I loving having her around.
    And, on top of that, she is an amazing photographer. Check out her website: We Are Beautiful You.com. While she was here, she offered to take our family pictures and they turned out great. Here are a "few" of the ones I liked best :)


    We took them all outside in our field of hay/wildflowers. It's an sunny sky of dandelions one month, a rolling sea of clover the next, and a lacy blanket of Queen Anns's Lace the next. It's  just the place for a photo shoot: cool, sweet smelling and beautiful ...


My parents: They not only gave me my life, but they give their own every day.





Mothers. Daughters. Sisters. Friends!








 Louise Glück once said "Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer."
This statement ended up being true, in our case ... I watch and she dances, but she's always willing to teach me the steps.


 A sister shares childhood memories and grown up dreams ~ Anonymous.


If life was a cookie, my brothers would be the two sweetest chocolate chips.



I'm taking you to heaven with me ... because we're a forever family.



This brother found this stick in the woods and did a couple poses with it.
Points for being original I guess :)



Photo bombing made cute!



Brother and sister we'll always be: 
A couple of nuts off the family tree. ~ Anonymous





Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.  ~Marc Brown











To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. 
~ Clara Ortega

     Well, that was a very fun morning, I can't wait to see these pictures after they're edited. I can't wait to see them on our wall or in our Christmas card. Thank you auntie! And thank you family! I am truly blessed.